OBJECTIVES OF JESUIT EDUCATION
Jesuit Education is inspired by vision drawn from the life and teachings of Jesus Christ who has always been respected and admired by the people of India. It is also based on the principles of CHARACTER formation elaborated by Ignatius Loyala the founder of the Society of Jesus. This vision and these principles give Jesuit Educational Institutions a specific character and set before their staff, students and parents high ideals of humanism and service towards which they are invited continually to strive.
We believe in a Christian Social Ethics whereby justice is an absolute requirement of faith in God as our Father and the acceptance of each other as brothers and sisters in His sight.
Our objective is to promote the total development of the WHOLE PERSON so as to be fully human, fully Indian and truly modern. This means the student is open and committed both to the divine Spirit and fellow human beings. The student must show this by being actively concerned about rational development.
The Jesuit school aims at the integral and personal formation of the young. To accomplish this, special efforts are made:
- to help students to become mature, spiritually oriented men and women of character;
- to encourage them continually to strive after excellence in every field;
- to value and judiciously use their freedom;
- to be clear and firm on principles and courageous in action;
- to be unselfish in the service of their fellow human beings; and
- to become agents of needed social change in the country.
The Jesuit school thus aims at making its own contribution towards a radical transformation of
present day social justice, equality of opportunity, genuine freedom and respect for religious
and moral values enshrined in the Constitution of India may prevail and the possibility of living
a fully human existence may be open to all.